So these past few days I’ve been redecorating and sprucing up my room! And I’ve come to realise you don’t need to spend on awful lot to create a dramatic change. Now a days we don’t have a lot of time or the money to revigorate our homes and living spaces which is sometimes something we desperately want to do to recreate a better living area. So I thought I would use this post to write down my 5 tips on how to change a space in your house on a budget!
- Paint the furniture you already have. In my room, all of my furniture is wooden, so I was easily able to recreate a look just buy simply painting it a different colour. I choose white and only painted a few light coats to create a distressed look. But just by doing this I have established a whole new look to my space!
- Paint one wall. Create a feature on one wall. Why not go for a bright, bold colour; I have used a dark duck egg in my room. And by doing this I have created a vocal point and it helps make the space feel a lot more cozy.
- Change up the accessories! Try different colour or shape of cushions. Maybe add more pictures or remove some. Pick a colour for your accessories and then buy a load in, but make sure to shop around for the best deals. Its all about changing it up, and experimenting.
- Move things around. A simple yet effective way to recreate your space is by moving what you already have in it around. Maybe but the pictures on a different wall, move the sofa somewhere else, look at what you’ve got and switch it up!
- Heres an odd one. change the colour of your light bulbs. Instead of the usual harsh light that we’re used to, why not buy a coloured light and create a different atmosphere to your room. Try a pink, or amber colour to create a cozy warm feel..its up to you, recreate that space!
I hope this goes towards helping some of you and creating some ideas!!
Until next time,